Thursday 21 July 2011

Inspiration to play differently!

I began writing this post wanting to write about how important I thought having good relationships with your guild members is, but frankly I read an inspiring post on Massively that made me stop thinking about EVE in some abstract way and actually get up and do something!

What happened?
Well I had been playing EVE:Online for the last few months and really just coasting through the game, with visions of how it could be. I was in a decent corporation, but one that really was a bit small and wasn't aiming in the same direction I was.
I spent alot of that time, soloing missions for the Galente Federal Navy and not really even the same region of space as my corp mates.
It was upon reading the post by Brendan Drain that I just decided that I was not doing anything that I really wanted to in game or in real life! Seriously it made me get back in touch with my more advertureous side!

Whats new?
Straight away I started looking for a bigger more active corp, one that is full of people looking to get into 0.0 space. People are ready to jump at the new Wormholes that they discover in nearby star systems.
Once I joined them, I recieved a mail about 1 day in which said they are looking for more people to help sign up for 0.0 operations... I had a mini party in my head over how cool it was to be part of this.

My advice - Go for it!
I know that EVE:Online is different to other titles, but what ever game your playing or hobby, I say get in there! Do it! Don't worry about failing, as you already have if you haven't even tried!
As a friend of mine used to say "don't tell me why you can't, tell me how you can!".

No comments:

Post a Comment